Health is Wealth
As Virgil said, “The greatest health is wealth.”
Most of us drink coffee in order to benefit from the caffeine boost, but did you know that coffee is the greatest source of antioxidants in the world? Banz Kofi takes health to a whole new level, for a variety of reasons, but first, we want to make you aware of the top benefits of coffee as a healing drink:
- It lowers your risk of death. For people who experience diabetes and heart disease, coffee consumption will lengthen your life. According to a study conducted in 2012, drinking three or more cups of coffee per day, regardless of whether it is caffeinated or decaffeinated, lowers the risk of death.
- It’s beneficial to your reproductive system. Coffee consumption lowers the risk of prostate cancer for men and endometrial cancer for women.
- It lowers your risk of type II diabetes. Coffee acts as a preventative measure by blocking a substance in the body called human islet amyloid polypeptide, which is sad to play a role in the development of diabetes.
- It’s excellent for your skin. Coffee consumption can help prevent the most commonly diagnosed form of skin cancer, which is basal cell carcinoma.
- It’s good for your brain. Those who drink coffee are less prone to developing Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- It reduces the risk of oral cancer. In addition to the reduced risk, those who drink four plus cups per day have a 50 percent lower risk of death from oral cancer over period of 25 years.
There’s several reasons that Banz Kofi reigns supreme at The King of Beans, making our coffee the healthiest of all. At Banz Kofi, we carefully select only the finest Arabicas coffees for our unique blend of roasted coffee. Roasted to perfection, we ensure that our product is unsurpassed in both quality and in taste.
Our high quality Arabica Coffee is processed and packed at our factory at Mt. Hagen in the Western Highlands Province of Papua New Guinea, in the heart of the coffee growing area in the Central Highlands. We specialize in organically grown Arabica coffees
The central Highlands, with its high altitude and cooler climate, is optimal for the cultivation of high quality Arabica Coffee and Tea. 70% of the population is still dependent on subsistence agriculture with small plots of coffee trees. Thus, chemicals, synthetic fertilizers and pesticides are not used. Pure economics dictate traditional and natural agriculture, resulting in the creation of coffee and tea with naturally low levels of caffeine and acidity, with absolutely no trace elements of chemicals and pollutants, a fact that the independent Australian and European Laboratories has verified.
Arabica must be grown in higher altitudes and is used as a flavors additive in lower quality blends. Arabica coffee is generally destined for the European markets of Germany and Italy. Americans have now only started to appreciate the high qualities of Arabica coffee with the introduction of specialty coffee shops such as Starbucks, SBC and many others. As North America is the largest coffee market in the world, when Americans demand only Arabica instead of Robusta, there will definitely be a shortage, as there just isn't adequate production of Arabica in the world.
From small beginnings in the early 1950s, by 1960, more than 4000 hectares of Arabica coffee have been established by villagers, mainly in the highlands near Kainantu, Goroka, Mount Hagen and in the Wahgi Valley, but also at Wau, and in the Huon Peninsula in the mountains behind Lae and Finschhafen. By the early 1970s, the area planted by villagers had increased to an estimated 23,000 hectares producing some 25,000 tonnes of green bean (raw bean) for export each year.
As you can see, the benefits of Banz Kofi Coffee are apparent, and the reasons to drink coffee are absolutely endless. Grab a cup of Joe, drink up, and enjoy! Take care of your body; it’s the only home you’ll have forever.